The 30 Minute Hit community is excited to introduce you to our new location in the Nepean area of Ottawa, Ontario. At 30 Minute Hit, we strive to help women stay fit, improve their health, and build their confidence. That’s why we created an innovative, kickboxing-inspired circuit workout. Strategically designed to give you optimal results, 30 Minute Hit’s unique workout is the perfect way to burn calories, tone up from head to toe, and boost your physical and mental strength.
Part of Ottawa, Ontario, Nepean is located on the west side of the city’s inner core. Residents of the area stay in shape by taking advantage of the wide range of activities in the city. For example, they enjoy paddle boarding at Mooney’s Bay, kayaking through Dow’s Lake, cycling on city streets, swimming in the many indoor and outdoor pools, and enjoying the fall leaves while hiking the trails in nearby Gatineau. The mercury may drop in the winter, but this doesn’t scare Ottawa residents. Instead, they continue to enjoy the beauty of their city while skating on the Rideau Canal or cross-country skiing at Mooney’s Bay Ski Centre.
During a busy week, it can be hard to motivate yourself to head to the gym and push your limits. That’s where 30 Minute Hit Ottawa Nepean comes in. Designed to help you conquer your fitness goals, our unique circuit combines the best exercises from kickboxing, boxing, general self-defense, and core stability training for a highly effective, full-body workout. Using punching bags, Swiss balls, and medicine balls, you’ll crush 13 high-intensity, two-minute stations where you’ll work alongside supportive trainers to take your health and fitness to the next level. And you’ll do it all in just 30 minutes.
Chantale Gionet is the owner of the 30 Minute Hit Ottawa Nepean location. Passionate about inspiring women to be the best they can be, Chantale enjoys introducing women to 30 Minute Hit’s challenging but fun circuit-style workout. She’s determined to give women in Ottawa the most rewarding workout possible each time they train at the Ottawa-Nepean location.
Don’t have any experience with kickboxing? Don’t sweat it. Chantale loves helping women of all ages and fitness levels achieve their goals with 30 Minute Hit. For more information, visit the Ottawa Nepean location page.
“Life is a series of moments. The quality of attention and action that we bring to each moment determines the quality of our lives.” – Dan Millman
Thinking about the quote above, doesn’t it motivate you like crazy to do whatever it is you can to take the quality of your current state and just up it to the max?
Below are a few suggestions, our favorite ways to ensure we give ourselves the best chance we can to have the best day we can.
(Most of these ideas are pretty simple, things you’ve already heard before but we all need reminders on a regular basis or we find ourselves slipping into patterns of behaviour and thoughts that don’t blow the doors off our days.)
- Give some thanks – Gratitude might seem a touch trendy these days but the truth is it works. Choosing to focus on and be grateful for the fantastic things in our life is a direct route to feeling more peace and happiness. Who doesn’t want that??
- Eat green stuff – Vegetables, vegetables, vegetables. Fruit, fruit, fruit. Just think whole foods crammed full of micro nutrients. Food doesn’t need to be anything obsess over. Eat clean and eat consciously.
- Perform an act of service – ‘The only love we keep is the love we give away.’ Life isn’t fulfilling when it’s selfish and only consists of me me me. Find a way to give to someone and do it with a heart full of all that love stuff.
- Sweat – Endorphins are one of nature’s best drugs. That rush of feel good after an intense workout is downright euphoric. A daily workout is also a solid confidence booster and offers great feelings of accomplishment. Regular exercise manifests a better attitude, more energy and the mental and physical strength to go out there and take on life in all its amazing craziness.
- Chase a dream – We’re meant to have dreams – they give us a purpose and an excitement for the future and just because yours hasn’t come true yet doesn’t mean it won’t. Take one tiny step (or giant step!) towards one of your dreams every day. Taking action is where the magic happens. (If you haven’t got a dream yet, take a quiet moment with yourself. It’s in there. 😉
- Hydration – Have you heard about this miracle drink? It’ll improve your health, boost your complexion, aid in digestion, reduce headaches, help you think clearer, generate energy and a million other incredible benefits. Step up, step up get your free sample of…..WATER. But actually. Just drink more. You think you’re drinking enough. You’re not. Drink more.
- Face a fear – Getting out of our comfort zone (and surviving!) is the biggest self confidence creator out there. If you can get a handle on real self confidence and self love, the world is fully and completely your oyster. So pick a thing, anything that makes you put up a little resistance, and tackle it! You’ll walk a little taller after.
- Just take a sec – Our world can be like one crazy, non stop carnival ride complete with so many bright colors and lights, loud noises and fast moving objects that it can feel like your brain is short circuiting. We honestly just gotta get off the ride sometimes. Make a point to find a little stillness and silence. There’s a million different ways do it and no matter what your life may look like, you can find some time to stop and focus on nothing but nothing. Your brain will be ever so grateful you got off The Gravitron for a moment.
- Connect your soul to another’s – Oh, those people. The ones that just ‘get’ you. After you spend time with them you feel full. These relationships are so divine. And they’re so needed. You become like those who you surround yourself with so be sure to surround yourself with those that inspire, support and energize you.
- Natural life – Einstein said “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” We’ re all part of a great big earth and we’re in this whole beautiful mess together. Spending a moment with nature helps us connect with ourselves and the rest of humanity. If you have access to the Great Outdoors, go for it but it doesn’t have to be elaborate. Pet a dog. Smell a flower. Look at the moon. Man, even just stare at the herb garden in your window. Let our natural world fill you with awe and remind you what a blessed adventure we’re on.
Some of these you may be able to implement every day, others maybe not. That’s ok. *shoulder shrug* Being generally consistent with practices like these, while accepting the inevitable ebbing and flowing of life, will help give you more control over the awesomeness of every single, one of your days.
See you on the mats 🙂